Tuesday 3 November 2009

De-hacking my WoW Account

OK, day 3 of de-hacking my WoW account (not exactly sure that's the right phrase - or English) and Blizzard bless then are so far coming up trumps, other than an epic I won the night I got hacked every single item and copper coin has been returned to all but one of my characters.  I've politely dropped then a reminder about  the last character, although as he was the lowest level of the lot (lvl 69) it's not an issue to wait a little while.
The deleted character was returned no issues which was great as it was one of my bigger concerns as I've invested a huge amount of money in crafting for that character. (phew)
The help was pretty simple but effective and all my items were returned to me in the mail, it took my an hour to sort it all out but certainly was a lot quicker than earning it all again...
So full marks to Blizzard for sorting this out without fuss, they also confirmed that my account had been hacked using a keylogger, which I'd figured out for myself but it was nice to see they were fairly on the ball.

After this little incident I've decided to invest in a couple of authenticator units from the Blizzard store (do I sound like a Blizzard lackey again - sigh), only 6 euro's each, but I got robbed for 8 euro's on the "priority" postage, never mind - for peace of mind it seems like a fairly reasonable price.  I've not used one of these babies before so I'll probably drop a quick blog on how that goes and if it's pretty easy to set-up and use.

So I'm back and ready for the Thursday night run and I've even been looking at some shiny new epics in the AH to celebrate getting all my gear getting back, then I saw some of the prices and my tightness of wallet ruled the day.

So until the authenticator arrives, I'll be crafting and mining my way to another epic flying mount and as they used to say on Hills Street Blues - "let's be careful out there"
The Dog

1 comment:

  1. As they used to say on Hill Street Blues? Thought you were a young cool gamer. Surely references from the 1980s show your age mate?

    ReplyDelete