Thursday 5 November 2009

Modern Warfare 2

Have you seen the launch trailer yet? (below)

Looks great doesn't it - one of the most dramatic and first things to hit me about the first Modern Warfare (well after the game play, sound, graphics, multiplayer, realism, story, voice acting and massive mission variety) was definately the direction, the cinematography. It looked like a hollywood blockbuster. I felt immersed in the atmosphere - even though he had a stupid name I bloody was Soap running around shooting the hell out of East Europe and the Middle East.

MW 1 was THE best FPS I have ever played - I can say that with utter confidence.

Never so often before have I dragged my very bored looking wife to the screen to go "Look, just look how good is that?? See the way the..oi ..where are you going?" well she wasn't very interested to be honest - So I'd tell her she was weak and close the door.

Anyway what was I saying, oh yes it really raised the bar, in fact more than that it replaced the bar with a diamond and gold laser bar. It was a different class.

So how on earth can they follow that......can they beat it, can the improve? Or will it be more of the same, which is no bad thing really but can it really push the envelope still further.....should find out in about 5 days....

No comments:

Post a Comment